Job title: Retail Store Manager
ELEVATION SHOWCASE is a vibrant retail space located in the historic downtown precinct of Fernie, BC. It functions as the public face and retail division of the parent company, ELEVATION INDUSTRIES, a distributor for adventure lifestyle brands across Canada. At ELEVATION INDUSTRIES our ethos is to Embrace the Outdoors; to always enable and encourage fun and adventure in all aspects of life. As an employer, Elevation provides a close-knit team environment that promotes work/life balance, combining the potential to grow and be successful at work with an active lifestyle, and the opportunity to be a part of many an adventure.
The Store Manager is responsible for running all operational aspects of the ELEVATION SHOWCASE store and delivering against all key performance indicators. This is accomplished by the timely and effective execution of all retail priorities, including visual merchandising strategies, controlling inventories, providing a unique and positive shopping experience built upon quality products, exceptional service and exciting presentation. The Store Manager creates an environment of continuous development, specifically assisting in the development of staff. The Store Manager executes the store vision to support the retail division’s strategic plan.
GENERAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Accountable for personnel productivity and store sales to ensure company goals are achieved
• Monitor and ensure exceptional client service and client satisfaction
- Understand market trends and activities
- Social Media- generate daily content to highlight our store as well as the brands we carry
• Learn and execute all functions of the store
- Coordinate staff schedule
• Consider internal and external factors when solving problems and making decisions
• Recognize strategic opportunities for success and generate new and innovative ideas
• Demonstrate professionalism, leadership, brand passion and self-confidence
• Maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Exhibit a sense of urgency when reacting to store issues
• Implement and ensure follow-through of visual presentation standards
• Manage merchandise back stock and replenishment
- Ensure all staff are competent with detailed product knowledge across all brands carried by Elevation
- Arrange product knowledge clinics and support demo events
• Provide weekly feedback to Elevation management regarding merchandise mix, stock levels, recommended markdowns and consolidations
- Active evolvement with Elevation sponsored and promoted events
• Ensure that all associates meet the dress guidelines and represent the brand in a professional and fashionable manner
• Ensure loss prevention awareness
• Meet deadlines
• Ensure proper store maintenance, cleanliness, and safety standards
- Support Elevation’s distribution operations by assisting with customer service, filling orders, and special projects on occasion
• 3+ years of proven experience at Store Management level in a specialty apparel, boutique fashion, and/ or outdoor retail environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Merchandising skills and experience
- Ability to create social media content for Instagram and Facebook.
- Open availability and flexibility to work evenings, weekends, store openings and closings according to the needs of the business
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds at a time
• Able to freely move about in a store for a minimum of 8 hours a day
• Ability to travel to other store sale / event locations; overnight travel occasionally required
• Ability to cope with pressure
• Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with coworkers
Position entails 5 days a week including weekends. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with your experience level. Position will be provided with a comprehensive benefits package, season ski pass to Fernie Alpine Resort, attractive gear discounts, and industry perks.
Interested candidates please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Elevation Industries Inc.